Additional | Wallpaper murals
Benefits of Using Murals
Murals are commonly used to enhance an area in a home or business. Wallpaper murals in soft colors are known to provide a therapeutic effect. Bold colors also provide additional benefits to a room. These murals increase positive energy instantly, making them essential for homeowners that frequently have parties. Murals have a place in every home and business.
Hide Imperfections In Walls
Murals cover up dings and dents that other patterns won’t. This is because of the wide array of colors and the large picture does not leave room for the eye to notice a small dent. Home and business owners will help offset the cost of their mural as they simultaneously save money on repairing the wall underneath. While the imperfections will remain, they will no longer be noticeable.
Murals Are Eye Catching
If there is one way to draw attention to a wall or place, it’s with an impressive mural. When placed near windows in businesses, they will instantly increase foot traffic. Homeowners that place these in key locations in their homes will create positive energy that will be felt every time guests are in the house. Attention will instantly be drawn to the beautiful picture on the wall, making it a great conversation starter.
When home and business owners consider the expenses that they will save money on when purchasing the mural, it’s easy to see how they will save money in the immediate and far future. No one will spend money fixing dents in the wall from children roughhousing. Business owners will not have to spend additional money on paintings, either. Instead, these wall coverings provide the benefits of wallpaper and a mural at the same time. Hiring a company to create a mural on wallpaper panels is also more cost-effective than hiring a painter to paint the mural on the wall.
Applying these murals is as easy as applying peel and stick wallpaper. Begin with proper preparation by wiping the wall clean to ensure that there is no dirt on the wall. Then, remove the backing from the back of the panels. Next, simply stick the wallpaper in place. Enjoying a breathtaking mural does not get easier than that!
Popular Wallpaper Mural Designs
We offer a wide selection of wallpaper mural designs to ensure that you can find something to fit your current decorating scheme.
Floral murals add a touch of feminine beauty to any room. Decorate your nursery with our popular Eve mural for a soothing effect. Minimalistic floral mural patterns are also available to coordinate perfectly with modern decorating schemes. Our Pink Peonies mural is another wonderful option for homeowners that would like to enjoy a soft touch to their home.
Scene Wallpaper Murals
Scene wallpaper murals are used to transform a space into a luxurious retreat. They create a vacation space in your very own home or business. Enjoy relaxing long after the sun has gone done with a Midnight Serene mural. Create a beach haven with our tropical palm mural. You can live where you vacation when you opt for a beautiful large mural.
Other Large Murals
We offer several other patterns. Pre-designed mural patterns include:
- Scandanavian murals
- Geometric murals
- Botanical murals
- Boho murals
- Colorsplash mural
You can also customize your own mural. Contact us to discuss how to create your own wallpaper mural!
Please take a moment to read through this guide before hanging, it will help ensure a successful installation of your chosen design. It is important that you understand the entire process before you start. If you are unsure of any of the steps, please get in touch with our customer service team who will be happy to help.
For optimal adhesion of your WALLFLORA peel and stick wallpaper, ensure the surface is smooth, clean, and dry. Remove any dirt, dust, grease, mildew, or ink stains to prevent adhesion issues. If dealing with heavily textured or damaged walls, consider using a heavy-duty wallpaper liner. We advise having two people for installation to ensure smooth application—so team up and enjoy the process!
- Clean the wall thoroughly with a microfiber cloth.
- Remove nails, screws, and fill in cracks.
- Switch off electricity and remove socket/switch covers.
- Sand rough areas smooth.
- Maintain room temperature at 68°F (20°C) during installation.
- Let wallpaper acclimate in room for 24 hours before applying.
- If walls are freshly painted, wait 4 weeks before applying wallpaper. If paint has washable coating, prime with PVA-based primer or regular emulsion paint and let dry before hanging.
Tools you will need
- Microfiber cloth
- Measuring tape
- Spirit level
- Exacto knife or paper knife
- Triangle ruler
- Plastic squeegee smoother with felt edge
- Unroll the wallpaper or mural and separate the panels. Arrange them in hanging order from left to right on the floor. For murals, use the numbers on the back of each panel, which are always positioned at the bottom to ensure correct orientation. Repeating patterns can be installed in any order.
- Once your wallpaper or mural is laid out, align the design to ensure the image or pattern matches before proceeding with installation.
Line up the first panel
Start from the left side of your wall. Use a tape measure and spirit level to mark where Panel 1 should be positioned. With a pencil create a vertical plumb line from floor to ceiling, then mark a horizontal line 19” from the wall with 1”-2” overhang on the left side of Panel 1. This ensures the first panel is hung straight, vital for successful installation.
Take time to ensure accuracy, as walls are never perfectly straight!
Install the first panel
- With your partner's assistance, peel about a third of the backing paper from the first panel. Align the top right edge with the marked plumb line, leaving a 2” overhang at the top to prevent gapping on uneven walls and ceilings.
- Once the first panel is straight, continue removing the lining paper slowly while working with the felt-tipped squeegee to apply pressure gradually from the middle, moving downward and outward. Avoid creasing the wallpaper by smoothing gently and evenly. Smoothing diagonally helps remove trapped air.
- If repositioning is necessary, gently remove and restick the panel until straight.
Butt up the panels
When hanging multiple panels, align the edges tightly together without overlapping!
- Peel about a third of the backing paper and, with assistance, visually match the design down the length of the wall. Once aligned, firmly press the panels together to conceal the seams without overlapping. Smooth out any air bubbles using the felt-tipped squeegee or a soft cloth.
- Proceed to remove the remaining backing paper and carefully smooth the wallpaper until fully installed.
Repeat until finished
- Repeat the previous steps for all panels until wallpaper is fully installed.
- Use a triangle ruler and sharp blade to trim excess from final drop and top/bottom of all drops.
- Firmly smooth wallpaper with felt-tipped squeegee to remove air pockets and ensure bonding to wall. Repeat this step one week after installation for optimal results.
Allow for drying at room temperature with adequate ventilation.