FAQ | nursery wallpaper
How Long Does Removable Wallpaper Last?
Removable wallpaper will last as long as homeowners need it to. Whether that is until the next re-decorating project or for years, homeowners can trust that their wallpaper will not peel off the walls. Instead, it will stay in place for years to come
Will This Wallpaper Damage The Wall?
No, it will not damage the walls. Often, walls are damaged because of the tools that are used during installation and removal. Because there are no tools required, homeowners can rest assured that their walls will still look beautiful underneath the wallpaper. In fact, it helps protect the walls from damage!
Are There Any Fumes Or Odors On This Wallpaper?
No! Our high-quality wallpaper does not release fumes or odors. The environmentally friendly ink also does not produce an odor. Instead, homeowners will appreciate being able to get started on their new project as soon as they take their wallpaper out of the package.
How Long Will It Take Me To Get My Order?
It will take 5-9 business days for your order to arrive at your doorstep. Your order will be ready to ship in 3-5 business days. As soon as it is ready, we ship your order to you via FedEx, which takes 2-5 business days. We offer FREE shipping to all customers that place an order of at least $100.
Are Customized Options Available?
Yes! Customers can customize the color of their design. For example, pink chevron instead of black and white chevron or light green tropical leaves instead of dark green tropical leaves. Customers can also customize the scale of their design and the size of their wallpaper panels. Contact us for further inquiries regarding customized orders.
Is There A Free Shipping Option?
Yes! Every customer that places an order of at least $100 will automatically receive FREE shipping. Free shipping is completed via FedEx to ensure timely delivery.
Can You Help Me With Installation?
Yes! We do not offer installation services but are still able to provide assistance. This video gives detailed instructions on how to install our wallpaper. Customers that have additional questions can contact us for assistance. Use our phone number, 371 22313230, personal email, email@example.com, or contact us form if you have additional questions regarding installation or need more detailed instructions.
How Do I Know What Size To Order?
Measure your wall to determine what size to order. Although we do offer several standard sizes, different homes have different sizes, making it important to measure your wall. We offer detailed instructions on how to measure your wall and make calculations to determine the appropriate wallpaper size here. Beginners can also measure their wall, let us know that they would like a custom size, and we will do all of the calculations for them!
Please take a moment to read through this guide before hanging, it will help ensure a successful installation of your chosen design. It is important that you understand the entire process before you start. If you are unsure of any of the steps, please get in touch with our customer service team who will be happy to help.
For optimal adhesion of your WALLFLORA peel and stick wallpaper, ensure the surface is smooth, clean, and dry. Remove any dirt, dust, grease, mildew, or ink stains to prevent adhesion issues. If dealing with heavily textured or damaged walls, consider using a heavy-duty wallpaper liner. We advise having two people for installation to ensure smooth application—so team up and enjoy the process!
- Clean the wall thoroughly with a microfiber cloth.
- Remove nails, screws, and fill in cracks.
- Switch off electricity and remove socket/switch covers.
- Sand rough areas smooth.
- Maintain room temperature at 68°F (20°C) during installation.
- Let wallpaper acclimate in room for 24 hours before applying.
- If walls are freshly painted, wait 4 weeks before applying wallpaper. If paint has washable coating, prime with PVA-based primer or regular emulsion paint and let dry before hanging.
Tools you will need
- Microfiber cloth
- Measuring tape
- Spirit level
- Exacto knife or paper knife
- Triangle ruler
- Plastic squeegee smoother with felt edge
- Unroll the wallpaper or mural and separate the panels. Arrange them in hanging order from left to right on the floor. For murals, use the numbers on the back of each panel, which are always positioned at the bottom to ensure correct orientation. Repeating patterns can be installed in any order.
- Once your wallpaper or mural is laid out, align the design to ensure the image or pattern matches before proceeding with installation.
Line up the first panel
Start from the left side of your wall. Use a tape measure and spirit level to mark where Panel 1 should be positioned. With a pencil create a vertical plumb line from floor to ceiling, then mark a horizontal line 19” from the wall with 1”-2” overhang on the left side of Panel 1. This ensures the first panel is hung straight, vital for successful installation.
Take time to ensure accuracy, as walls are never perfectly straight!
Install the first panel
- With your partner's assistance, peel about a third of the backing paper from the first panel. Align the top right edge with the marked plumb line, leaving a 2” overhang at the top to prevent gapping on uneven walls and ceilings.
- Once the first panel is straight, continue removing the lining paper slowly while working with the felt-tipped squeegee to apply pressure gradually from the middle, moving downward and outward. Avoid creasing the wallpaper by smoothing gently and evenly. Smoothing diagonally helps remove trapped air.
- If repositioning is necessary, gently remove and restick the panel until straight.
Butt up the panels
When hanging multiple panels, align the edges tightly together without overlapping!
- Peel about a third of the backing paper and, with assistance, visually match the design down the length of the wall. Once aligned, firmly press the panels together to conceal the seams without overlapping. Smooth out any air bubbles using the felt-tipped squeegee or a soft cloth.
- Proceed to remove the remaining backing paper and carefully smooth the wallpaper until fully installed.
Repeat until finished
- Repeat the previous steps for all panels until wallpaper is fully installed.
- Use a triangle ruler and sharp blade to trim excess from final drop and top/bottom of all drops.
- Firmly smooth wallpaper with felt-tipped squeegee to remove air pockets and ensure bonding to wall. Repeat this step one week after installation for optimal results.
Allow for drying at room temperature with adequate ventilation.